Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Ally


 
 
 
Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31:29-31

You are the most unique person I know. To some people that might seem a strange and even disquieting description; to some even an affront; yet to you, the highest of compliments.

 When you were forged by God, He created you out of the most contrasting of elements: titanium and linen, oak and limestone, maple and sandstone, tungsten and clay, fire and water, and I would have it no other way. When Jesus encourages us to “let your light so shine before (others)…” yours burns brightly in a way that warms others, and sometimes even makes them sweat…I love it!  Shine on sister.  

I love that you’re tough as nails and soft as down, ready to defend others and loving the “unlovely.” Your life has been about taking that which is discarded and transforming it into the valuable and precious; I know of no other principle closer to the heart of God. 

I also love how you love me. It fills me with a sense of wonder and freedom. There is a piece of me that cried out to be independent and free of all accountability, yet you took it captive and threw in a  dungeon in a faraway place, unreachable by the mortal body, soul, or spirit to be held hostage until death do we part. Little did I know, that piece of me was holding ME hostage to a life of emptiness and ultimately ruin. You continually put on display the kind of love God Himself requires of his children.

Thank you for loving others back to life, even at the expense of your own – laying down your life for others, picking up your cross, and following Him to places others refuse to travel. You are a lamp on a lampstand.

You are a lioness protecting her cubs. You are a sultry smoking hot lover loving her husband with passion and grace. You are a faithful friend, trusted confidant, soldier in arms, partner in prayer, and lover of life. You are real; the antithesis of plastic. You are organic, earthy, wholesome and hearty. Thank you God for my lovely bride and precious friend, a friend like no other:

You are irrepressible and irreplaceable,

 You are imaginative and image Deo, 

You butter my bread and bust my chops.

You are the French to my kiss and the frost on my glass of beer.

You are the melody to my song and the spring in my step.

You are the beat of my drum and tempo of my life.

You challenge me to be a better man when I want to let out with a primal scream and string of expletives.

You epitomize what it means when a husband and wife become one.

You are my missing rib.  je t'aime forever.

1 comment:

RebornAlly said...

I read this again today even though you wrote it four years ago. I needed to hear it again. It's not always being me. Thanks for letting me be who I am. I love you.