Sunday, March 23, 2008

Diary of a Queen

Phil 3:1212 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Scott and Lori Dix are our friends. Their daughter Alyssa took her journey home just a few days after her 16th birthday as the result of a car accident. Through this tragedy lives have been transformed and redeemed. I love how the Lord finds a way to bring victory in spite of loss. Scott sent this email less than a week after Alyssa's funeral. Below are the journal entries of a Queen in love with her King. She understood the journey with wisdom well beyond her years, and she pursued it with passion. What a remarkable young lady. I share these with you with Scott's blessing.



Tim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I was going thru Alyssa's room last night after everyone went to bed and found a journal where she jotted down her thoughts and prayers etc... I think this will inspire you, encourage you and just blow you away. It goes hand in hand with the comments I sent you yesterday Vicki but these are from her mouth. I pulled out some excerpts - these were a little over a year ago until about 11/28/07. Vicki, you can post these on the website as well; this is Alyssa's heart. In his love, Scott



1/10/07 - I want to thank the Lord so much for putting Christian people in my life that I can look up to.......also my dad taught youth tonight about Solomon and how magnets attract metal...our influence.....Lord please help me to have a good influence and for people to look up to me as a Godly Christian woman. Lord please use me whether it is in a different country, camp, Stop team etc... Lord help me to see your direction and will. Also, please be with my youth group that we grow into a student ministry not to be just a group. Help us to give you all the glory Lord just please give me wisdom like you gave Solomon. Lord prepare me for what I will face tomorrow and help my attitude. Lord please lead and guide me with your scripture. Please be with everyone and help remind them and let them know they're not alone. Also, help me to get into my Bible, lead me to certain passages and to take joy in everything, good or bad. Thank you for everyone who has been a good influence on me and bless them and let them know I love them..... let people I influence see Christ in me and that I'm not perfect I just strive to be like Christ. Forgive me for everything I've done today. Thank you, I love you, also like Solomon "fear God and obey his commandments," your humble servant.



1/11/07 - Dear Lord, thank you so much for tonight. I needed that so much I feel so bad Lord I need you so much and I don't tell you often enough. That was amazing Lord, please help me to love you and be on fire for you Lord. Please help me to want your will more than anything, that's all that matters Lord. Lord I can't wait till one day in heaven when I will be able to sit with you on your throne. I'm so amazed that you made everyone and everything and yet that you want to be with me and you will do everything in your power or for anyone for them to know, love and want you. Lord I love you so much I can't say it enough, don't ever let me forget this night. Get me on fire, help me to live like this forever. Let me be a good witness and influence Lord. Help people to know the difference in me Lord. Thank you for everyone in my life that I have good Christian friends and that I am a Christian; I don't know what I'd be without you.......Lord please be with me and Janelle and just speak through us. Lord I know I can change our church and youth group from lukewarm to on fire; it's a big job but I can do it with you. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.".........Lord help me to make a difference......I love the saying how you carry us thru the hard times, you are my strength, my power, rock .....also, that you carry us up on Eagles wings Lord, how majestic is that. Lord please use me as I am here on earth. Also, help me to use what I've learned and give me the right heart and let your will be my will. Do whatever you want with me. I love you, I can't even fathom all that you've done for me and all that you will do for me. Thank you I can't say it enough. Love you. Goodnight Father, Prince of Peace, Omega, Majestic One....Love you. Keep me in your Word, lead me through the narrow path, help me not to stray.



1/13/07 - Lord just please use me as you see fit. Lord we want to see a transformation in our town Lord that only you can make. Help us to be on fire, not to let anything keep us from doing your word. Please help us unite with other churches, other denominations to unite because we all have a common goal. We all have a common belief and purpose.



2/17/07 - Just please bring me back on track, break me down till I stay on track and you use me for your purposes. Lord, I'm just the clay, I'm here to worship, praise, serve and witness about you Lord. Just please help this change our youth group to a youth ministry. Lord help me to stand up and be a leader. Notes from her Blume trip - Look in the right place look to Christ. God is our rock, come with the right heart and attitude....we will always have struggles but we at least have a purpose. Eternal life=abiding communion with God. We're God's instruments, how we are, how he made us......Love is undivided loyalty, faithfulness, obedience. Cherish God more than anything. God is incomprehensible, infinite, immortal, transcendent, supreme divinity, self-existent, self-sufficient, sovereign, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, holy, morally perfect, personal, triune, I Am That I Am, perfect, not bound, all powerful, not conquered.



11/28/07 - Stand up for God, stand up for others. Live for God. (Speaking on book of Hebrews she says) it was worth it to them to not give up even during the hard times, burning crosses....it's not even hard for us like it was for them, why not? Witness, spread God's Word.

No comments: